The Promenhance competence framework – A roadmap for individuals seeking to develop the competencies required for local participatory development across various levels and roles is out now! Read it here.
Keywords: participation; strategic planning; local development; co-design; community
The competence framework has been developed and enriched through focus group interviews conducted with participants involved in local participatory development initiatives. The PromEnhance framework ensures a comprehensive and informed approach to local participatory development.
This framework encompasses various dimensions essential for fostering effective communication, collaboration, and empowerment within communities. It is structured around nine key competency areas:
1) Theoretical Foundations;
2) Community Assessment and Analysis;
3) Planning and Strategy Development;
4) Community Engagement and Participation;
5) Project Management and Implementation;
6) Collaboration and Networking;
7) Advocacy and Political Engagement;
8) Capacity building and Empowerment and;
9) Reflective Practice and Professional Development.
Each competency area outlines specific skills and behaviors that contribute to successful local participatory development efforts.
It is important to note that the framework serves as a guide rather than a rigid set of rules. Contextual factors, community dynamics, and project-specific requirements should be considered when applying these competencies.
- SYNTHESIS Center for Research and Education, Cyprus
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI TORINO, Italy
- Comitato Promotore S-NODI Gabriele Nigro, Italy
- UNIVERSITATEA POLITEHNICA DIN BUCURESTI, Romania
- SYNTHESIS CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATION, Cyprus ● COFAC COOPERATIVA DE FORMACAO E ANIMACAO CULTURAL, Portugal ● Sineterismos Ergazomenon COMMONSPACE, Greece
Visit Promenhance’s Facebook page here.